Last week, I signed up to sell Avon. That's not the same as selling Avon. I just haven't made the effort yet. I have to leave that mentality that just because my name is slapped on "Avon sales rep" doesn't mean money will flow towards me. For years I could go to work, sign/punch in and do whatever was needed, and whether there were a lot of work or lack of, I'd get paid a certain amount for however many hours I worked.
But it's a whole different ball game now. My feelings towards this is on a scale that tips back and forth very fast. One minute I feel I'm wasting time and just gathering a collection of Avon booklets, and other times something goes through my mind and heart that I can do this. The attempt I mean. If I can go out there to a certain number of people and push sales, initially it wouldn't matter that I didn't get any customers. It's the fact that I tried. Sometimes I'm just not a people person. Perhaps that's why I've gotten fired from a couple of places, because of my attitude. Though I am my own boss this time. I set my own hours and I can do whatever I say.
The era of laziness is over.....I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment